When You Try This 2000 Year Old Lotion Recipe You’ll Know Why People Still Use It
Facial cleansers are everywhere on the market today, and it can be hard to know which ones are
actually good for your skin and which ones contain potentially harmful chemicals.
While some companies have built reputations on organic, cruelty-free face masks and bath products, these are often expensive and inaccessible to many people.
Fortunately, we’ve got a recipe for an all-natural, moisturizing and cleansing facial cream that goes all the way back to Ancient Greece – this simple formula can be made with organic ingredients, all of which are easily found at either your local grocery store.
Give it a try and see the difference a homemade, natural facial cleaner makes, as opposed to expensive store-bought soaps and creams – we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
2,000-Year-Old Lotion Recipe
2000 Year Old Lotion Recipe
– 1 tablespoon of raw honey
– 8 tablespoons grated beeswax
– 200 ml of almond oil
– half a cup of rosewater
1. In a small saucepan, melt the beeswax, raw honey and almond oil over low heat.
2. Once the mixture is melted, allow it to cool slightly and then whisk in the rosewater, adding one drop at a time until the cream is fully saturated with the rosewater. At this point, if the cream begins to bead – don’t panic! Simply stop adding rosewater and continue to stir for a further minute or so as the cream cools down
3. Finally, pour the mixture into cleaned and sanitized jars and let it cool completely before placing the lids on top. The cream will lighten in color as it cools.
This makes around 2 small jars and it should last a couple of months in the fridge.
Why It Works
Raw honey has a number of uses in beauty and personal hygiene products. A natural moisturizer, honey is great for dry or oily skin, and can even protect against damage from UV rays.
While beeswax is often taken internally for it’s cholesterol lowering effects, it is also a popular emulsifier and stiffener in cosmetics.
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and is a valuable moisturizing agent, as well as having anti-inflammatory properties, and containing fatty acids that help combat acne.
Rosewater loosens the cream and gives it a nice, light scent.
Combine these ingredients and you have a gentle, all-natural facial cleanser that you can use every day!