The Top 12 Cancer-Causing Products in the Average Home
8. Beef Frankfurters like the ones produced by Oscar Mayer Foods
This food product contains many labeled and unlabeled toxins like:
• Feminizing and carcinogenic hormones
• Carcinogenic and potentially allergies-causing antibiotics
• Lindane – carcinogenic compounds that eliminates cells that produce blood, neurotoxic.
• Hexaclhorobenzene – teratogenic, enurotoxic and carcinogenic.
• DDT – xenoestrogen, carcinogenic.
• Benzene hexachloride – a carcinogenic substance.
• Dachtal – irritant, sensitizer and carcinogenic (possible presence of dioxin).
• Heptachlor – xenoestrogen, carcinogenic, neurotoxic and reproductive toxin.
• Dieldrin – xenoestrogen, carcinogenic.
The labeled potentially hazardous ingredient is:
• Nitrite – which leads to the creation of nitrosamines after interaction with meat amines and can result in cancer in kids.
9. Lysol Disinfectant Spray (produced by Reckitt and Colman Inc.)
Both labeled and unlabeled toxic compounds include:
• Ortho-phenylphenol or OPP – carcinogenic and leads to irritations.
10. Ortho Weed B-Lawn Weed Killer by Monsanto Co.
There is one toxic ingredient found on the label:
• Sodium 2,4 D (2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetate – neurotoxic, carcinogenic and reproductive toxin. In addition, it can lead to tissue sarcoma, lymphoma and different types of cancer.
11. Clairol Nice and Easy (Hair color by Clariol Inc.)
It comes with a few toxins on the label like:
• Propylene glycol – leads to contact dermatitis.
Phenylenediamine – includes carcinogens and dangerous ingredients that lead to contact dermatitis and carcinogenicity.
• DEA or Diethanolamine – it leads to the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamine when mixed with nitrites.
• Quartenium 15 – sensitizer, neurotoxic, carcinogenic, supports the activity of formaldehyde, leads to contact dermatitis.
• Fragrance – leads to contact dermatitis, can result in numerous myelomas, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other forms of cancer and also comes with various ingredients that are not listed.
12. Zud Heavy Duty Cleanser (produced by Reckit and Colman Inc.)
This popular cleanser comes with a toxic ingredient that cannot be found on its label:
• Crystalline Silica – may lead to skin, eye and lung irritations, carcinogenic.
By learning more about the ingredients found in common household items, you will definitely increase your awareness about the dangerous things that we are exposed to on a daily basis. It is highly recommended to stay away from such products or at least limit their use.