Rub This Homemade Magnesium Lotion On Your Skin To Help Relieve Pain In Minutes!
For those who go for a long, vigorous walk on a regular basis, keeping the body properly hydrated, giving the body a proper rest, and keeping the skin moisturized, is a must! Well, there is a secret ingredient which moisturizes the skin and alleviates muscle pain at the same time, thus works wonders for hikers. The secret lies in something as simple as magnesium lotion!
What is Magnesium?
Magnesium is an extremely important mineral which is required by all cells in the body. It actually works within cells, which are the powerhouses, factories, and regulators of the body`s systems. As a matter of fact, magnesium is co-factor in more than 300 chemical reactions in the body. Due to its cellular and molecular function, the fact that it affects all systems of the body doesn’t come as surprise. Some of the benefits of magnesium include:
- Promotes circulation
- Promotes healing and soothing of inflammation
- Stimulates the absorption of vitamin D from the sun
- Keeps energy levels in check
- Lowers the risk of diabetes
- Maintains healthy bones
- Regulates the metabolism of nutrients such as protein, nucleic acids, fats and carbohydrates
- Works as an important factor in muscle relaxation and heart health
Undoubtedly, magnesium is of utmost importance for the overall health. Conditions which can benefit from this mineral include headache, muscle spasms, asthma, hypertension, diabetes, osteoporosis, and neurological conditions like depression, anxiety, tics, insomnia and autism. However, the standard American diet doesn’t provide your body with enough magnesium, which led to constant rise of the prevalence of magnesium deficiency.
Applying magnesium topically is one of the best ways to reap its benefits since absorbing nutrients and minerals through the skin is far superior to ingesting them. According to a study led by Dr. Norman Shealy of the American Holistic Medical Association in which participants had their feet soaked in magnesium flake and magnesium oil applied on a daily basis, 75 percent of them exhibited a notable increase in their magnesium levels.
Instead of getting a store-bought moisturizer, prepare your own moisturizing body butter. Apart from moisturizing and soothing aching muscles, this butter works as natural sunblock, too.
Homemade Moisturizing Magnesium Body Butter
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup magnesium flakes
Add the boiling water and magnesium flakes in a container and stir until fully dissolved.
Magnesium Body Butter
- ½ cup magnesium oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp emulsifying wax
- Take a small pot and fill it to about ¼ with water
- Bring the water to boil
- Lower the heat and fit a pyrex bowl to make double-boiler
- Melt the ingredients, except for the magnesium oil
- Allow the mixture to cool down
- Blend the mixture with a hand blender and stir in the magnesium oil
- Refrigerate the butter for about 15 minutes and you are all set