10 Reasons to Keep Coconut Oil in Your Bathroom
Coconut oil boasts a plethora of nourishing properties and health benefits, gentle taste and alluring smell. In this article we present you some of the uses of one of the best natural things – coconut oil in cosmetics and body care.
1. Best Skin Moisturizer
Coconut oil is the best natural moisturizers.We are talking about the most common use of coconut oil. It makes your skin soft and shiny. It reduces scarring and stretch marks and rejuvenates the skin. At first it tends to have a greasier consistency, but it quickly absorbs into the skin.
Coconut oil can be used for the face because it makes your skin less oily by pulling out the dirt and unclogging the pores. Start with a small quantity and apply around your eyes and face.
2. Great for Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is a way to cleanse the mouth of harmful, inflammation-causing bacteria and toxins.
– You just need to take about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil when you wake up in the morning and before you eat anything;
– Swish around your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes;
– Spit out the oil, don’t swallow it, because it it’s full of bacteria;
– Brush your teeth ( you can use coconut oil as a toothpaste).
3. Efficient Hair Treatment
Coconut oil can be used as a pre-wash or post-wash treatment. It has been found to reduce the protein-loss in both damaged and undamaged hair. Since hair is mostly made of protein, supplying enough protein is essential for healthy locks.
The experiments from a study in the Journal of Cosmetic Science showed that mineral oil and sunflower oil had no effect at all on the protein-loss, while coconut oil made a significant difference.
It’s best to add some coconut oil as a pre-wash, as you can avoid the greasy effect:
– Take ½ tablespoon of coconut oil (the amount also depends on the length and volume of your hair).
– Apply the oil, starting from the roots and make your way down to the ends.
– Leave the oil on for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Rinse your hair well and wash as normal.
4. Frizzy Hair Care
Dry, curly hair tend to lift when you brush them, so you just need to put a little bit of coconut oil on your fingers and run them through your hair to prevent the frizz. Do not use too much coconut oil, as it will make the hair greasy.
5. Your Leg Shaving Companion
Instead of using expensive shaving creams, you can use coconut oil for shaving your legs.You just need to apply a little bit of coconut oil on your legs before you start. It leaves the skin moisturized, making the legs smooth and silky.You can also use it as a post-shaving treatment to calm down the skin.