Here Are 22 Science-Backed, Evidence-Based Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar That Will Change Your Life
Once you start using apple cider vinegar you won’t stop. On top of its famous powerful digestive benefits, apple cider vinegar can be used for a lot of purposes, from cleaning your entire home to creating beautiful shiny hair!
The benefits of apple cider vinegar are infinite! Here are 22 different ways to use apple cider vinegar at your home:
1. Boost your digestion! Put one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a small amount of water and drink it before meals. The sour taste can help trigger the release of saliva and digestive juices that break down your food.
2. Lose weight naturally! A certain study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that feeling full is increased when ACV is taken with food. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons diluted in water before eating.
3. Clean your home without any chemicals! ACV contains acetic acid which is antimicrobial, which means you can remove all of the toxic cleaning products in your home.
4. Keep your blood sugar constant! A study involving patients with diabetes type 2, found that taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed is very effective in lowering blood sugar by the next morning. Dilute the vinegar in a glass of water right before drinking.
5. Fight off a sore throat! Apple cider vinegar may help as a gargle to ward off pathogenic bacteria because it has antibacterial properties . Dilute one tablespoon in a glass of water and gargle 3 times daily.
6. Treat acid reflux once and for all! When a weak digestive system struggles to break down food, symptoms like heartburn and reflux often occur. By increasing your digestive juices, ACV helps to promote healthy digestion.
7. Reduce naturally the sugar cravings! Steer your taste buds towards sour rather than sweet with ACV. Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold water for a tasty, refreshing drink.
8. Say goodbye to fruit flies! Pour a bit of apple cider vinegar into a jar and seal the opening with cling wrap. Poke the covering with pin-sized holes into the cling wrap and leave the jar in the kitchen. Fruit flies will be drawn by the scent of apple cider vinegar and will become trapped inside the jar.
9. Be heart smart! Studies have found that polyphenols like chlorogenic acid that is found in apple cider vinegar may reduce the oxidation of low-density lipoproteins – bad cholesterol, and even prevent cardiovascular disease.
10. Treat your feet with a deodorizing foot bath! Add a splash of ACV to a bucket filled with warm water then soak your feet for 10-15 minutes to remove the bacteria.
11. Boost your bone broth! If you add ACV to your bone broth while it’s bubbling away, it can help to extract valuable minerals from the bones.
12. Beat fleas! Mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part water then spray onto your pet and rub through their fur – as a bonus, their fur will become silky soft!
13. Avoid toxic chemicals in deodorants! Drop a small amount of apple cider vinegar under each armpit for a natural, refreshing deodorant.
14. Cleanse your fruits and veggies! To remove chemicals from your fresh produce, add a dash of apple cider vinegar in a sink full of water and allow your produce to soak before rinsing.
15. Get instant silky locks! Add a tablespoon of ACV in a cup of water. Rinse the mixture through your hair after shampooing for a beautiful shiny mane.
16. Supercharge your salad dressing! Mix apple cider vinegar with extra virgin olive oil and dried herbs for a simple, delicious and healthy salad dressing.
17. Give your body a daily detox! Bitter drinks and foods may promote healthy liver function by stimulating bile flow and enzyme secretion. Enjoy the benefits of a daily cleanse by including one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in your diet every day.
18. Keep your pearly whites healthy! This vinegar can help to ward off the bacteria that is caused by cavity. Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to half a glass of water and swish around your mouth for natural mouthwash. Then rinse with water.
19. Make your skin glow! With its antimicrobial components, ACV acts as a natural cleanser. Add a dash of apple cider vinegar to a bowl of water and then splash your face to make your face look perfect.
20. Preserve your leftovers! Stop apples, avocados and other fruits from going brown by adding a few drops of ACV to the exposed flesh and then cover them.
21. Create delicious meals! Impress your guests by adding apple cider vinegar to marinades to help tenderize meat, fish or chicken and create a succulent feast!
22. Soothe sunburn! Add one cup of ACV to a lukewarm bath to soothe painful sunburn.
When buying apple cider vinegar, be sure to choose certified raw, organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered as this is the highest quality form that contains the ‘mother’ (yeast and acetic acid bacteria). The more murky it looks the better. This shows that it hasn’t been filtered of all its benefits. When taking it orally, start with small doses (as your taste buds adjust) and always mix with water. Be careful, you may become an apple cider addict!