Follow These 5 Yoga Poses To Reduce Stubborn Belly Fat
Belly fat can be so stubborn and one of the hardest areas on the body to eliminate that fat. Sometimes it might even be the first thing someone notices about you so it can make you very self-conscious and it actually affects your overall health. The fat in the abdominal region is actually linked to type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, heart diseases, and some types of cancer. It is one of the most dangerous places to keep fat stored so it is one of the most important areas to get rid of it.
While there are many exercises which can eliminate the seemingly increasing belly fat bulge, yoga is actually very effective and any healthy person can practice it. However, you must know that yoga alone won’t do the trick but 70% of your success is based also on nutrition.
1.Cobra posture (Bhujang asana)
This pose is one that helps to reduce the belly fat and can strengthen the ab muscles. It also strengthens the entire upper body and back by making the spine strong yet flexible.
– Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your palms underneath each shoulder.
– Place your chin and all toes touching to the floor.
– Inhale slowly and raise up the chest, bending it backwards as far as possible.
– It is in this position that you actually look like a cobra snake ready with a raised head to strike.
– Depending on your ability, hold this pose for 15 to 30 seconds.
– Exhale slowly and then bring your body back down to the original position.
– Repeat this pose 5 times with a moment to rest 15 seconds in between each time.
– If you have an ulcer, hernia, back injury or are pregnant, do not do this pose.
2.Bow posture (Dhanurasana)
This pose strengthens the core of the abs. In order to fully reach the potential, you should rock back and forth while holding this pose in order to massage the abdominal area. This also puts the digestive system to work and fights constipation as well as giving the entire body, especially the back, a nice big stretch.
– Start off by laying on your stomach with legs stretched out and arms on each side of the body.
– Next, bend at the knees and reach the arms backwards to the ankles or feet and start to hold.
– Inhale and lift your head up and start to bend it backward while trying to lift your legs as high as possible.
– Try to hold this pose for 15 to 30 seconds all while breathing normally.
– When you start to exhale, come back to the original position with legs stretched out and arms at the side.
– Repeat this pose for at least 5 times and relax for at least 15 seconds in between each time.
3.Pontoon posture (Naukasana)
This is a great yoga pose to attack the body fat at the waist. It is great for the stomach and can help to strengthen the muscles in the legs and back.
– Lie on your back flat with legs together but stretched out and your arms at your side, facing downward.
– Inhale and start to raise your legs but ensure to keep them straight (no knee bending)
– Outwardly stretch the foot and toes and try to raise your legs as high as you can
– While in this position, take straight arms and lift them in an attempt to reach your toes in an attempt to create a 45 degree angle with your body
– Breathe normally while holding this pose for 15 seconds
– Release and exhale
– Repeat this pose five times with 15 seconds of relaxation in between each tie.