22 Home Remedies to Get Instant Relief from Knee Pain & 16 More Tips to Ease The Pain
The pain in the knee leads to intense pain in the joints, and difficulties in walking. It makes common activities like walking, running, and bending the legs difficult and painful.
Knee pain can be experienced by all, no matter the age, and its intensity can vary from mild to severe. However, alternative medicine treatments provide best effects in its treatment.
Knee pain can be a result of various factors, including:
• knee injuries during sport or recreational activities, such as ligament tears, injuries of the tendons or ligaments, a fracture in the knee cap, dislocation of the knee joint or knee cap, ligament tears)
• Diseases like osteoporosis or arthritis
• In most cases, the pain in the knee is manifested by:
• Dull, sharp pain in the joints of the knee
• Inflammation in the area of the knee
• Swelling in the knee
• Stiffness and reduced movement of the knee
• Difficulty in walking
Fortunately, the pain in the knee can be treated completely naturally, and these are the best 22 remedies to relieve it:
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has extremely powerful anti-inflammatory properties which efficiently treat knee pain.
• Half a cup of coconut oil
You should boil the oil for 3 minutes over medium heat, and then apply it on the painful knee using your fingers. Leave it to act for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Repeat this twice daily.
2. Cayenne Pepper with Olive Oil
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which causes a warm sensation around the painful knee area, soothes the pain and reduces the swelling.
• 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
• 1 and a half cups of olive oil
Mix the ingredients to prepare a paste and apply it on the affected area. Repeat this twice daily for a week to treat the pain.
3. Cayenne Pepper with Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 and a half tablespoon of cayenne pepper
• A cup of apple cider vinegar
You should mix the ingredients and pour them into a bath. Then, soak the knees in the bath for 20 minutes. Repeat this once daily to reduce the inflammation and eliminate the severe pain in the knees.
Lemons are high in citric acid which effectively dissolves the uric acid crystals which are the major cause of arthritis. Therefore, it provides amazing effects in the treatment of knee pain caused by arthritis.
• 1 lemon
• Half a cup of sesame oil
• 1 cheese cloth
You should slice the lemon and place the slices in a cheese cloth. Then, tie it, and dip it in the sesame oil for several minutes. Then, put the cloth on the painful area, and leave it to act for 10 minutes. Repeat twice daily to treat the pain. You can also dilute the lemon juice in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it on an empty stomach.