17 Signs of Mold Illness (And How to Tell If You’re At Risk)
What is a Mold Illness and How to Know If You Have It
Sometimes mold can’t be smelled or seen, and it can still grow inside your home making you feel sick. The mold is very dangerous and it can affect your health. How to know that?
Your doctor won’t probably help you a lot when it comes to mold illness, as the conventional medicine doesn’t consider exposure to mold as a potential problem. Moreover, it can be really hard to give someone a mold poisoning diagnosis, since it can mimic other conditions, and its symptoms are not specific.
Symptoms of Mold Illness
– Weakness, fatigue,and post-exercise malaise
– Memory problems, trouble with focus and executive function, brain fog
– Joint pain without inflammatory arthritis, muscle cramping, aches and pains, persistent nerve pain, “ice pick” pain
– Numbness and tingling
– Red eyes, and/or blurred vision, light sensitivity
– Sinus problems,shortness of breath, cough, air hunger, asthma-like symptoms
– Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, appetite changes
– Persistent nerve pain
– Metallic taste
– Night sweats or other problems connected to temperature regulation
– Weight gain regardless of the sufficient effort (weight loss resistance)
– Excessive thirst
– Static “shocks”
– Increased urination
You can now see how mold toxicity can be easily mistaken with some other condition. However, thirty years of solid scientific evidence shows the severe health issue that mold can cause.
The Low-down on Mold
Molds are several fungi types which grow in filaments and form tiny spores in their reproduction which sprout and fly away, of course invisible to our eye. It appears in warm, damp, and humid places, outside and inside.
Nevada or Arizona, or many others dry locations can as well have problem with mold if there are poorly ventilated bathrooms, floods, or water leaks.
It can appear in the corner near the shower or in the shower head, in your bathroom, if there is no proper ventilation, it can also attach to your pet, shoes, carpet, clothes, books, and papers. It can even circulate in your air system, particularly in those where filters are rarely changed. (HVAC filters are recommended to be changed every 1 to 3 months).
A complex of mixture of contaminants in the dust and air, leading to a toxic chemical stew can be caused by water-damaged buildings in general.
Mycotoxins or the toxic chemicals are produced by mold. However, there’s not a single toxin which can be the all-cause for mold illness. Instead, try thinking that the water-damaged building or area is the main cause. A new research related sinuses as a typical source of ongoing mold disease.
Half of the buildings in USA are water damaged. There are very good chances to be exposed to water damage and mold because the most of us spend most of our time indoors.